Saturday, January 16, 2010

Figure Preview: Marvel Bishoujo Statues

Long before I was into anime and manga you could not separate me from my comic books. Spider-Man, Batman, and X-Men were among my most cherished possessions when I was younger. I went for anything having to do with any of anything regarding those comics and to this day I can't tell you how pleased I am that these franchises continue to be revisited. I am, however, surprised at the support from Kotobukiya for fans of American comics. For instance, they've branded a successful segment of figures/statues featuring some of Marvel's best female heroines entitled, Bishoujo (美少女 - beautiful young girl).

While Rogue and Black Widow are already featured in the lineup two more femme fatales are up for pre-order.

The first is Scarlet Witch:

The Scarlet Witch stands 7 1/2 inches tall (1/8 scale) and was sculpted by Koei Matsumoto. Like other bishoujo statues she's made with PVC plastic and will be out in February with an SRP of $64.99.

Next up is (my personal favorite) Psylocke:

Psylocke stands 9 inches tall (1/8 scale) and was sculpted by Yu Ishii. She's also made of PVC plastic and will be available in June with an SRP of $59.99.

Both of these figures are available for pre-order through the KotoUS store or your favorite importer.

No comments:

Post a Comment